Some Ads.

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Instead of Watching What I Want....

I'll share some links since I can't find Prince's Super Bowl Halftime show on YouTube:

http://search.universalstudios.com/query.html?col=all&ht=0&qp=&qs=&qt=prince+superbowl

If this link works for you and says something let me know. I hit refresh 3 times and I get:

The connection has timed out
The server at search.universalstudios.com is taking too long to respond.

* The site could be temporarily unavailable or too busy. Try again in a few
moments.

* If you are unable to load any pages, check your computer's network
connection.

* If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy, make sure
that Firefox is permitted to access the Web.


Which means that Universal Studio's Search is broken or lame.

But wait! You ask why am I even bothering? It's for my wife, and I personally don't care for the Super Bowl. But, even tho:

http://www.google.com/search?source=ig&hl=en&q=prince+super+bowl+video&btnG=Google+Search

Shows like a million videos available on YouTube, I go to pages and I get:

"This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Universal Music Publishing Group"

So "Ahh" this is why I search for this video on Universal's Webpage.

The lawyers are quick to claim copyright on a public (commercialized) event that millions upon millions watched, loved, heard about, and hated.

But my wife can't see Prince on YouTube.

Break the law and go look for the torrent? Is that breaking the law? My wife wants to see it. Also, as I write this I think of going to NFL.com...maybe they own their SuperBowl BigGame TheGame Performance.

Sadly, no.

Hey I think someone just uploaded the first part of the performance....I better get this one before it dissapears too.

I think the answer to this all is just get more servers in the budget for whatever 2008's halftime show conglomerate is in charge. So this goes out to Univeral apparently, but basically to every other company where the lawyers are paid to find things to pay themselves with. Universal what I'm saying is you get the movie removed, a bad name, and a bill from the lawyers. But really this goes out not as a threat to Univeral, but as a promise for other Viacom-like entities:

Leave YouTube alone and we'll save you a query on your overtaxed servers. Or, if you don't stop we'll hold the whole internet hostage with Bittorrent downloads of the HD version. Don't forget to blame the consumer.

Thanks for making me hate the entertainment industry.,

Sincerely,

Time's Man Of The Year
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1569514,00.html

1 grammar cops:

Myra said...

Good job, Jeff!