Some Ads.

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Cold Summer Revisted

Originally written Thu, 07/08/04 on my old blog which is now deleted.
I dug it up however as the one of the only two posts I created on that
site that I really liked and wanted to save. I'll post the other one
tomorrow at some point.

There's probably an unwritten blogging rule against doing this. I shall
now deem it "reblogging". Like Shakespeare, I too can make up words.
Anyways....

---------------------
Cold Summer

It's one of those days...Ok, It's not. At least...I don't think it is.
I mean it...COULD be, and I'm just too oblivious to see it. Well then
again, it might...NOT be, and I'm paranoid and just wonder if it is or
could be. You see, I woke up this morning, but I'm not really awake.
It is summer, yet it is cold. I went to work and didn't exactly 'work'.
I went to lunch, without having lunch. During that time I relaxed with
my GameBoy, while being annoyed and frustrated by the game.
After...lunch, I came back to...work. I'm now writing this without
writing about something; I guess that I'm not really writing. I can
also say I'm 'not writing' this in Notepad, in other words, I'm 'not
blogging' this and doing so without my blog. I'm listening to music
right now without being able to hear it. Earlier, my safety
glasses...broke when they fell. At my job I manage to manage without
someone to manage and without having a manager. And, I report to no
one, only you, right now: And there is nothing to report. Yes, a day of
insignificance, July 8th, 2004, made significant by writing this and now
a part of my history recorded on this insignificant website.

Compounding all this, I figure I shouldn't be afraid of impending
unknowns; while a part of me says I should be. But one thing I'm sure
of is that if the proverbial tree falls in the forest, and I'm not there
to hear it: I won't care about it one bit, but I'm pretty sure I might
"not write" about it.

I mean, is there much difference between this body of text and "All work
and no play makes Jack a dull boy" written 10,000 times? Maybe. The
difference is if Jack had a copy and paste function in notepad, he might
have had more time to play with the twins in the hall of blood.

And if all this confuses you and doesn't make any sense, then you
understand, completely.

Time to paste this to my blog.

---------------------

1 grammar cops:

Myra said...

Jeff, you're a good writer.